Friday, February 8, 2013

Wrinkles


The streets of the city
They’re filled with cows, apes, and pigs
I watch them
What they get up to
Their shit and feed
It builds up
So damn hard to breathe
What once was a path
Now is a dump

My God!
Such efforts spent
To find some transport
The gymnastics I do
To not ruin my shoes
But perhaps this is an Island
And perhaps I cannot swim
Such skills were never taught
I’m placated
I’m ensured
For everything we need
Is right here
Of course!
And how can I argue
When I cannot speak
This among other skills
I was never taught

For everything is as it is
No need to elaborate
These practical animals
They’ve worked out all the wrinkles
Like jocks and journalists
They bore me in my sleep
Where the commonsense should have no reign

Yet my wrinkles
They dry me out
And the mirror
A dispassionate reminder
Asking me
From where do the wrinkles begin?
From where do they unfurl?

No comments:

Post a Comment